2empowerFM Menu Popper Changelog
- - 2empowerFM Menu Popper 3.0 - 12th April 2013
- Added ability to create dropdown menus that appear attached to FileMaker fields, creating the effect of a “combo box”.
- Dropdown menus can change as users type in them to display advanced type-ahead search results.
- Dropdown menus can be navigated with up/down arrows, Enter, and Esc without limiting the ability to type in the FileMaker field and the menus can easily be set to redisplay when the FileMaker field is clicked or down arrow
- Menu items can be disabled, made bold, italic, and/or underlined.
- Menu items can be set to show conditionally based on which modifier keys are held down (shift, control, etc)
- Pop up menu items can display a bullet, diamond, or checkmark.
- Popup and dropdown menus may contain separator lines between items.
- Menus may be told to call a script when closed and the script can call a new function to retrieve menu results.
- Multiple menus can be created for future use and can have items dynamically added or removed.
- Ability to insert one menu into another.
- + 2empowerFM Menu Popper 2.2 - 25th July 2012
- Menus now appear at correct positions specified using “x” and “y” parameters in OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion.
- + 2empowerFM Menu Popper 2.18 - 16th February 2012
- Menu position is now set using values from FileMaker’sGetLayoutObjectAttribute function.
- + 2empowerFM Menu Popper 2.15 - 1st February 2011
- Fixed an error that occured when menu items in the same parent menu had items from a different menu between them in the menu definition. Here’s an example of a menu that previously did not work: epMenuShow(“x>y¶a¶x>z”).
- Optimized speed of showing menus such that menus with a few thousand items now display as quickly or more quickly than the equivalent FileMaker menu.
- The same menu item name may now appear more than one time.
- + 2empowerFM Menu Popper 2.12 - 17th October 2010
- Added example database.
- The menuValueFirst=Yes parameter now works correctly with sub-menus.
- + 2empowerFM Menu Popper 2.1 - 20th August 2010
- Spaces are now trimmed from the front and back of menu items and menu values returned.
- Improved documentation based on user feedback.
- + 2empowerFM Menu Popper 1.53 - 26th March 2010
- Added ‘left’ and ‘top’ parameters to work with GetLayoutObjectAttribute() coordinates. ‘x’ and ‘y’ parameters will continue to work with FieldBounds() coordinates.
- New documentation complete.
- + 2empowerFM Menu Popper 1.5 - 27th December 2009
- Clicking a menu that has a sub-menu no longer returns a result on Mac – the click is ignored.