|Plugin Info: MBS Filemaker Plugin|
|Platform:||Win + Mac|
|Last Updated:||May 2013|
The MBS is easily the most powerful plug-in available for FileMaker today. There are over 1600 functions that allow FileMaker developers to extend their solutions in some amazing ways. Each function does a little task and in their combination you can unleash the full power of our plugin.
- Use Twain to scan images from scanner (new in 3.1)
- Enjoy syntax coloring on Mac OS X in Filemaker 11 and 12.
- List and connect to serial ports.
- Read rich text documents on Mac OS X like Word documents, OpenOffice documents or RTF files.
- Enumerate printers and get/set default printer.
- Recognize text in images using OCR functions.
- Use PHP library to run PHP functions.
- Use Audit to log activities in a database.
- Network Sockets
- Use TCP/UDP Sockets (new in 3.2)
- Query other Filemaker instance with ServerSocket functions. (new in 3.2)
- Query device status via SNMP functions.
- Excel Functions.
- Work with Excel files without Microsoft Excel by using libXL library in Filemaker.
- Read and Write older xls files and newer xlsx files.
- SQL Connectivity
- Connect to multiple SQL databases: Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, Sybase, Informix, InterBase, SQLBase, MySQL, PostgreSQL, ODBC and SQLite.
- Read values, changes values, add new records, call stored procedures.
- Use prepared statements for increased security.
- Use bulk row fetching for maximum speed.
- Read and write blob values with images.
- CURL Library
- Download and upload files or data from/to http/https/ftp/ftps/sftp.
- Send emails over smtp and receive emails over pop3 or imap.
- Perform several transfers simultaneously in background.
- Send form data directly without Webviewer.
- Control the Webviewer
- Print website, Fill and submit forms.
- Generate image or PDF of current webpage.
- Register WebDownloadDelegate and WebPolicyDelegate scripts to control downloads in Webviewer on Mac.
- Image editing with GraphicsMagick
- Load pictures from file, container value or create a blank one.
- Compose pictures together, e.g. add an overlay or watermark.
- Edit images with crop, rotate, scale and other operations.
- Draw (round) rectangles, lines, ellipses, circles and arcs into image.
- Use lots of image effects like blur, sharpen, swirl and others.
- Save result to container or file.
- Use PDFKit (Mac only) or DynaPDF functions (Mac and Win, new in 3.0)
- Render an image from a page of a PDF with PDFKit or DynaPDF.
- Extract text from PDF with PDFKit or DynaPDF.
- Create new PDF with pages from existing PDF with PDFKit or DynaPDF.
- Add images and text to a page. (new in 3.1)
- Encryption and Hash
- Calculate MD5 and SHA512 hashes for text.
- Encrypt/Decrypt text with AES or Blowfish.
- Encrypt/Decrypt containers with AES or Blowfish .
- List directory content, copy, move, rename or move to trash files and folders.
- Show file/folder selection or save dialogs.
- Get icon from file or folder and previews with QuickLook (Mac only)
- Set Icons on Mac with our plugin.
- Launch files, query file size or file existents, create directories.
- Query the last used file path in Mac file dialogs.
- Lock your app for Kiosks
- Query which USB devices are connected and allow only the start of your runtime if special USB stick is connected.
- Hide system GUI like Dock and menubar with System UI Functions
- Show a backdrop behind your Filemaker window so user does not see the desktop.
- Color window content to focus user on a dialog.
- Control windows in Filemaker
- Show progress dialogs.
- Add Drag and Drop functions to your Mac solutions.
- Enumerate windows and control any window in Filemaker.
- Disable close, minimize and maximize widgets.
- Show and hide any window.
- Use window transitions on Mac OS X like Apple’s applications. (See video)
- Mac Integration
- Read, change and write contacts from the Addressbook (new in 3.2)
- Notify user with User Notifications on Mac OS X 10.8.
- Query location of a Mac with CoreLocation functions.
- Set your application’s dock tile icon and badge text.
- Put your solution into Apple’s Mac App Store and use plugin functions to verify the package receipt.
- Query printers and their print jobs. Cancel print jobs or send raw printer commands to raw printers, like label printers.
- Register your own URL Scheme
- Have your solution start with a click on an email or website and process the URL as you need. Plugin calls a script with the name you define when registering.
- Query system information
- Need to know computer name, memory size, serial number, OS Version or something else?
- Powerful text functions
- Get/Set text on the clipboard.
- Remove accents from texts for easier search.
- Use SoundEx to have searches for Maier also show results for Meyer, Meier and Mayer
- Use remote control functions to move mouse, perform clicks and press keys.
- Send and receive notifications from other applications or part of your solution.
- Start a script now or after some time and pass file name, script name and parameter as texts.
- Set and Get variables which you can see in all files of your solution.
- List screens and take screenshot from whole screen or from rectangle.
- Run AppleScript and WindowsScript scripts in Filemaker.
- Store global preferences for your solution.