|Plugin Info: MMScript|
|Platform:||Win + Mac|
|Last Updated:||May 2013|
MMScript is a “Mighty Mini” plug-in for triggering and scheduling scripts. With this plug-in, you can create any number of “Script Events” for running scripts immediately, at any point in the future, or repeatedly on any interval. The plug-in also allows you to call a script when the user has been idle for any specified amount of time.
New to MMScript 1.1 is the ability to do shell scripting. With the new ShellExecute function, you can run any unix commands on Mac OS X or any DOS commands on Windows. This opens up many possibilities like file manipulation, system information gathering, text processing, and more. Anything you can run in the shell can be run with this function and the results will be returned to you for further processing within Filemaker Pro.
- Setup a Script Event from any place in FileMaker Pro that has a calculated value. Call a script when a field changes values or when someone starts editing a record.
- Call a script when the user has been idle for a given amount of time. Log someone out of your solution after 30 minutes or force a user out of a record lock if they have walked off to get coffee.
- Call a script immediately. Process a field immediately after it changes or simplify a large if/else script to one step with a dynamically named script trigger.
- Call scripts in the future. Set up reminders in a calendar solution.
- Call scripts repeatedly on a given interval. Call your Check Email script every 5 minutes.
- Perform Shell commands. Convert html to text with OS X’s textutil command or get network interface info with Windows’ ipconfig command.