|Plugin Info: Troi Serial Plugin|
|Platform:||Win + Mac|
|Last Updated:||March 2012|
Troi Serial Plug-in gives FileMaker Pro the ability to read from and write to the serial ports of the computer directly from within FileMaker Pro without the need of a separate application. And it works completely cross-platform!
The plug-in works with all types of serial ports including those added through an extension card of USB to Serial adaptor. Troi Serial plug-in runs on any machine that is able to run FileMaker Pro 7.0 or higher. You can also include the plug-in with runtimes made with FileMaker Pro Advanced.
- FileMake native script triggering, to get incoming data into the database.
- “Serial_Control” function to temporarily suspend the incoming data stream and resume it when you are interested in the data.
- “Wait for Match” function to wait for a specific character string before triggering.
- The possibility to open an unlimited number of serial ports and to trigger different scripts for different ports.
- Support for high speed connections up to 230 Kbps.
- Buffering of data up to 64k per port.
- Clear example databases and a user manual to get started quickly.