|Plugin Info: 2empowerFM Menu Popper|
|Current Ver (Mac):|
|Current Ver (Win):|
|Platform:||Win + Mac|
|Last Updated:||April 2013|
2empowerFM Menu Popper is a FileMaker plug-in that shows advanced drop-down menus anywhere on your FileMaker layouts.
Drop-downs can be used for things such as type-ahead suggestions based on a search of multiple FileMaker fields. For example, as the user types, you might show matches in first names, last names, and email addresses, along with separator lines between each type of match. If a match is chosen, you can populate other fields based on the record id of the chosen match, saving your users even more time. Showing suggested matches below your fields makes data entry faster and reduces duplicates.
Menu Popper also supports bold, italic, underline, and disabled styles in all its menus, along with bullets in its pop-up menus. Menus can be remembered, combined together, and their items can be added or deleted. Menu items can even be shown conditionally based on what keys are held down, and a script can run when a menu item is chosen.
More Menu Popper Features:
- Save space on your layouts by replacing a series of buttons with a single menu.
- Attach a sub-menu to any pop-up menu item.
- Show any text in a menu item and return a different value when that item is clicked.
- Construct a menu using a FileMaker “Value List”, comma separated list, or any other list of items separated by whatever character you choose.
- Replace FileMaker table occurrences with SQL queries that generate more flexible menus without cluttering your Table Relationships graph.