Troi Automatisering releases Troi File Plug-in 5.0.2 for FileMaker Pro 11
What is Troi File Plug-in?
Troi File Plug-in is a very powerful tool for getting access to information outside the FileMaker Pro database. Any files or folders stored on the computer can be accessed through the functions of the plug-in. All from within FileMaker Pro you can:
- Get data from files that are on the disk of the computer into FileMaker Pro
- Create files anywhere on the hard disk and put data from FileMaker fields into them
- Manipulate files and folders on the disk: this includes creating, deleting, copying, moving and modifying files and folders
- Get the size on disk, creation and modification dates and much more
- Launch and reveal files directly from FileMaker Pro
- Manage your images and movies, and read and write IPTC and Exif metadata to JPEG images
What’s New in Version 5.0.2?
Troi File Plug-in 5.0.2 is a maintenance update of our file manipulation plug-in. This update includes these bug fixes and improvements:
- Improved the TrFile_SetContents, TrFile_AppendContents and TrFile_Substitute functions: when writing text which contains one or more Unicode NULL characters (U+0000) the complete text will now be written to the file. Note that normally Unicode character NULL in a FileMaker text field indicates corrupt text data.
- Added new example for creating UTF-8 Encoded files to CreateFile.fp7. It also demonstrates how to add a Byte Order Mark (BOM) to the UTF-8 file.
- Added new example script for creating an ISO 8859-1 Encoded file to CreateFile.fp7. This script can easily be modified for different encodings.
- Improved the DataIn.fp7 example file to better demonstrate the use of the TrFile_Exists function.
- (Windows) Improved the TrFile_FindFolder function, for the “desktop” and “mydocuments” switch: it will now also work when the username in the path contains higher Unicode characters.
- Fixed a problem in registering with the built-in function.
- Tested and compatible with FileMaker Pro 11v3.
More detailed information on all of the changes and improvements implemented in Troi File Plug-in 5.0.2 can be found at: http://www.troi.com/software/filehistory.html.
All features and functions also work in a runtime solution. The plug-in adds 62 functions to FileMaker Pro, giving you limitless possibilities in managing your system outside of the database. We invite you to test drive the new functions and see what you can do with it!
Pricing & Availability
A fully functional demo version of Troi File Plug-in 5.0.2 is available for downloading at Troi’s Web site at: http://www.troi.com/software/fileplugin.html.
Troi File Plug-in 5.0.2 works with FileMaker Pro 9, 10 and 11. The plug-in can also be used with runtimes from FileMaker Pro Advanced 9, 10 or 11. The plug-in is available for Mac OS X 10.5.7 or higher, Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7.
QuickTime 7 or later is needed for some image related functions.
Licenses cost US$ 89 per user. Details on developer licenses and multi-user discounts can be found on our web site. You can order licenses from our web site.
FileMaker Server Requirements
Troi File Plug-in 5.0.2 also works with FileMaker Server 9, 10 or 11 as a server-side plug-in and as a plug-in used by the web publishing engine. To use this, you need to purchase a special cross-platform Server/Web license which costs US$ 399.
We have prepared extensive information on how to install and use Troi Plug-ins server-side and web-side on this web page:
Users who bought a license for Troi File Plug-in on or after January 29th, 2009 are entitled to a free upgrade to version 5.0.x. Eligible users have been sent a new registration string in June 2010.
Upgrades from licenses bought before January 29th, 2009, are available from US$ 49 per user.
Upgrade prices for other licenses can be found on our web site. You can order upgrades from our web site.
About Troi Automatisering
Troi Automatisering is leading developer of cross platform FileMaker Pro plug-ins and winner of the FileMaker Pro Excellence Award 2001. For more information, visit our web site at:
2408 MX Alphen aan den Rijn