Troi Automatisering releases URL Plug-in 2.6 for FileMaker Pro 11.
New plug-in for FileMaker Pro 11 lets you send tweets to Twitter with ease.
What is Troi URL Plug-in?
Troi URL Plug-in can help you fill in forms on the Internet, all from FileMaker Pro. It also retrieves data or images from web sites.
- Use the POST command to fill in a web form and retrieve the result directly in FileMaker Pro
- Use the GET command to retrieve data
- Use a secure connection (HTTPS) using SSL
- Get access to password protected web pages
- Encode text into HTTP format
- Get JPEG, PNG and GIF images directly into a container field
- Send cookies with a request
- Send your request through a proxy server, even if the proxy server requires a username and password
Troi URL plug-in allows you to:
- Fill in forms on web sites or your intranet
- Get online data like stock quotes, weather reports, etc.
- Automatically add information to listings and online databases
- Search the Internet for terms or other specific items
- Collect images from web sites
All these features also work in a runtime solution.
What’s New in Version 2.6?
Troi URL Plug-in 2.6 adds three new authorization functions, which make it very easy to work with a Twitter account and post tweets! We have included an example to get you tweeting in no time!
This update also adds several other improvements:
- Added new TURL_HMACSHA1 function, which calculates a keyed-hash message authentication code (HMAC-SHA1) signature.
- Added new TURL_ToURLEncoded function, which URL encodes text (also known as percent-encoding).
- Added switch “-UpperCaseHex” to the TURL_ToHTTP function, which will make the encoded string contain only uppercase hexadecimals.
- Added “-DontTryWithUserPassword” switch to the TURL_Get and TURL_Post functions. With this switch the plug-in will never try to send a username and password.
- (Windows) Fixed a problem in the TURL_Get and TURL_Post functions, where the switch -TimeoutTicks=xxx would not set the correct timeout time.
- Improved code in several places, improved the user guide, example files and fixed several smaller bugs.
This plug-in allows you to easily get data from web servers on the Internet or send information to them. We invite you to test drive the new functions and see what you can do with it!
Pricing & Availability
A fully functional demo version of Troi URL Plug-in 2.6 is available for downloading from Troi’s Web site at: http://www.troi.com/software/urlplugin.html.
Troi URL Plug-in 2.6 works with FileMaker Pro 9, 10 and 11. The plug-in can also be used with runtimes created by FileMaker Pro Advanced 9, 10 or 11. The plug-in is available for Mac OS X 10.5.7 or higher, Windows XP Professional, Windows XP Home Edition (SP 3), Windows Vista or Windows 7.
Licenses cost US$ 69 per user. Details on developer licenses and multi-user discounts can be found on our web site. You can order licenses from our web site.
FileMaker Server Requirements
Troi URL Plug-in 2.6 also works with FileMaker Server 9, 10 or 11 as a server-side plug-in and as a plug-in used by the web publishing engine. To use this, you need to purchase a special cross-platform Server/Web license which costs US$ 299.
We have prepared extensive information on how to install and use Troi Plug-ins server-side and web-side on this web page:
Please note that Troi URL Plug-in 2.6 works with the 2.5 registration string. Users who bought a license for Troi URL Plug-in on or after May 1st, 2010 are entitled to a free upgrade. We have emailed these registered users a new registration string in January 2011.
Upgrades from licenses bought before May 1st, 2010, are available from US$ 39 per user.
Upgrade prices for other licenses can be found on our web site. You can order upgrades from our web site.
About Troi Automatisering
Troi Automatisering is leading developer of cross platform FileMaker Pro plug-ins and previous winner of the FileMaker Pro Excellence Award. For more information, visit our web site at:
2408 MX Alphen aan den Rijn