Dracoventions announces the immediate availability of 2empowerFM Developer Assistant v2.6 for FileMaker Pro.
This release adds the ability to search the table relationships graph, swap the meaning of Home and End keys on Windows and Mac, and now finds a wider variety of deleted references in scripts and field calculations.
Company founder, Chris Dragon, says, “We’ve had a lot of requests to add the ability to search the relationships graph. We’re excited to add another feature that helps FileMaker developers save time.”
About Developer Assistant
Developer Assistant helps you:
- Find all scripts containing a search term. Individual scripts automatically open to highlight the next line that matches a text or regular expression search term. Searches may also be performed within a single script.
- Find all database fields containing a search term. The search includes not just field names, but auto-enter data, validation calculations, and any other text associated with each field. This search is performed in the “Manage Database” window and requires FileMaker Pro Advanced.
- Find tables by name in the table relationships graph in the “Manage Database” window.
- Search in almost any “list” that appears in a FileMaker dialog. A list is any set of more than one visible row of information (which means a pull-down menu is not a list). FileMaker uses lists to show names of functions, names of layouts, watched expressions, fields being imported/exported, and many other things. A list search includes all visible text in all columns of multi-column lists.
- Drag over part of a FileMaker calculation to highlight it and evaluate it at the touch of a button. You can evaluate “Get(SystemPlatform)” instead of looking it up in help, evaluate calculations in script steps as you debug the script, test your calculations before the script is run, and so on.
- If you instinctively press the Home or End key expecting the cursor to move to the start or end of a line, or the start and end of a field, Developer Assistant can make those keys do what you expect.
Most of the features above require FileMaker 11 for Macintosh or FileMaker 8 or later for Windows.
Morgan Jones of One Part Harmony says, “The Developer Assistant is a brilliant tool that has already saved me loads of time. And by allowing me to quickly find every reference to a script, field, table, or layout, I am much more confident that changes I make will not create bugs in my production solutions.”
2empowerFM Developer Assistant v2.6 is available immediately athttp://developer.dracoventions.com
This is a free upgrade for those who purchased a Windows or Macintosh license within the last year. New Developer Assistant licenses start at $99 for a single user and upgrades after a year are half price. Other plug-ins in the 2empowerFM family start at $19 and many are absolutely free.
Developer (redistribution) licenses are also available. Fully functional, 30-day demo copies can be downloaded with no sign-up required.
At Dracoventions, we invent software. Whether we’re finding ways to let you search all your FileMaker scripts or automate print jobs, we’re always inventing new tools to empower your use of FileMaker. Dracoventions is a FileMaker Business Alliance (FBA) member and is located in Valley Village, CA, USA.
With over 25 years of software engineering experience, company founder Chris Dragon was inspired by the business needs of his former employer to create the 2empowerFM Family of FileMaker Plug-ins. These plug-ins include Developer Assistant, Dialog Master, Menu Popper, Text Toolkit, and many others. For more information, visit www.2empowerFM.com.