Troi Automatisering releases Troi Grabber Plug-in 2.2.1 for FileMaker Pro 11
Updated plug-in for FileMaker Pro 11 adds compatibility with OS X Lion and FileMaker Pro 11
Alphen aan den Rijn, The Netherlands, September 13th, 2011–Troi Automatisering today announced the availability of Troi Grabber Plug-in 2.2.1 for FileMaker Pro 11.
What is Troi Grabber Plug-in?
Troi Grabber Plug-in 2.2.1 is a very powerful tool for grabbing images from a video camera and putting them directly into a FileMaker container field. All from within FileMaker Pro 11 you can:
- Preview the image stream from the video input source
- Crop pictures to grab only the desired part of the video image
- Rotate pictures before grabbing
- Grab pictures from a video input source and put them into your FileMaker database
- Record a movie from a video input source for a specified number of seconds or until the mouse is clicked and save the movie to a specified file on the hard disk
- Get timecodes of a recorded movie; you can get the timecode of the beginning of the movie, of the end of the movie, the timecode at the current point in the movie or the duration of the movie in timecode
New Features and Bug Fixes
Troi Grabber Plug-in 2.2.1 is a maintenance release and has these new features and fixes:
- Made compatible and extensively tested with FileMaker Pro 11.
- Tested and made compatible with Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion).
- Added new switch “-GetRegistrationState” to the Grab_Version function: This switch allows you to check if the plug-in is currently registered.
- Added new switch to the plug-in Grab_Version function: “-UnregisterPlugin”. The plug-in will be in a unregistered state after this.
- Fixed a bug in Grab_OpenMovieGrabWindow where an empty dialog title could potentially cause a crash.
- Added extra switches for the Grab_CropImage and the Grab_GrabImage function to set the wanted quality of the image result.
- (Mac OS X) Fixed a bug in Grab_OpenMovieGrabWindow where the FileMaker window would not be updated until you moved the mouse.
- Fixed a bug in Grab_Initialise, which could cause the preview to be shown in the wrong window (only while running in FileMaker Pro 11v3).
- Improved example files and made several internal improvements.
- Festival-, meeting- or conference registration database with pictures
- Medical database with pictures of the patients’ condition
- Easy recording of auditions or casting
- A webcam database
- Making ID badges for schools and universities
- Capture a movie and log the scenes and timecodes
The possibilities are virtually limitless when using Troi Grabber Plug-in. We invite you to test drive the new functions and see what you can do with it!
Pricing & Availability
A fully functional demo version of Troi Grabber Plug-in 2.2.1 is available for downloading at Troi’s Web site at: http://www.troi.com/software/grabberplugin.html.
Troi Grabber Plug-in 2.2.1 works with FileMaker Pro 9, 10 and 11. The plug-in can also be used with runtimes from FileMaker Pro Advanced 9, 10 or 11. The plug-in is available for Mac OS X 10.4.5 or higher, Windows XP (Service Pack 2), Windows Vista and Windows 7.
Licenses cost US$ 999 for a developer license. We don’t offer single licenses at the moment. More details on developer licenses can be found on our web site.
Upgrading to version 2.2.1 is free for all users of version 2.x. The 2.2.1 version works with the same 2.0 registration string.
Product upgrades from an earlier cross platform developer license are available for US$ 499. Product upgrades from an earlier single platform developer license cost US$ 699.
About Troi Automatisering
Troi Automatisering is leading developer of cross platform FileMaker Pro plug-ins and winner of the FileMaker Pro Excellence Award 2001. For more information, visit our web site at: