Comm-Unity Networking Systems announces an update to the FTPit Pro plug-in. This release fixes many issues and brings in some important core updates from other CNS Plug-ins. FTPit Pro is available immediately athttp://ftpitpro.cnsplug-ins.com/ for both Mac OS(R) X and Windows(R).
FTPit Pro is a FileMaker(R) Pro 7+ plug-in that uses FTP to transfer files to and from your computer. It is compatible with Mac OS(R) X 10.4+ and Windows(R) 2000/XP/Vista/7. Use it to upload static web pages to a website, download database upgrades from a centralized server, or write a complete FTP client within FileMaker Pro itself. You can transfer text directly to or from fields in your database, and you can upload files that reside in container fields. The Server Edition of FTPit Pro allows you to install and use the plug-in with FileMaker Server and Server Advanced. With the Server Edition, you can now do things like transfer database backups to an offsite server directly from the FileMaker Server machine or use the plug-in with an Instant Web Publishing database you’ve developed. Download a copy today to explore the many features of this plug-in.
- Imported many core plug-in updates from other CNS Plug-ins.
- Fixed an issue where some FTP servers require the transfer type to be set to Binary before returning a valid result for the SIZE command.
- Fixed an issue with some FTP servers not accepting absolute paths for the SIZE command.
- Updated remote file listing code to work with some AS 400 machines that are set to UNIX style listings.
- Fixed plug-in issues that prevented the FTPit Pro Server Config database from working correctly.
- Fixed issues with Accounts disappearing or reappearing when using the AddAccount and RemoveAccount functions.
- Updated RemoteFileExists function to work better with some FTP servers that can’t handle spaces in the path.
- Fixed issues with aborting transfers causing “thread timeout” errors.
- Made aborting downloads work much faster.
- Reworked secure transfers to be more reliable.
- Fixed issues where errors from the Data Connection were not being reported to the user.
- Reworked the upload code on Mac to be more reliable.
Pricing and Availability
FTPit Pro is available immediately at http://ftpitpro.cnsplug-ins.com/ for both Mac OS(R) X and Windows(R). You can download a full working Demo copy of the plug-in to test it out before purchasing.
A 1-User License for the client version of FTPit Pro is $65. To use the Server Edition of FTPit Pro, you will need to purchase at least a 10-User License. A 10-User License is $319. You can find a purchase link on the website. There are several other price points and information for Educational/Non-Profit institutions on the purchase page for the plug-in.
If you own an existing license of Classic FTPit, you can upgrade for free or for 50% to 25% off depending on the original purchase date of your Classic FTPit license. If you purchased between 10/27/07 and 10/27/08, you can upgrade for 50% off the price. If you purchased prior to 10/27/07, or if you are unsure when you purchased, please email us for an upgrade quote.
If you have already purchased an FTPit Pro 2.x license (even if during our beta period), this upgrade is completely free. All you need to do is download the latest version and install it. It will import your current registration and settings.
All prices subject to change without notice.
Review copies for article write-ups available upon request. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in reviewing the plug-in.
Comm-Unity Networking Systems
PO Box 137559
Fort Worth, Texas 76136