|Plugin Info: ScriptFire|
|Platform:||Win + Mac|
|Last Updated:||September 2012|
ScriptFire is a native FileMaker 7-9 plug-in for Windows and Mac OS that is also compatible with FileMaker 5.x and 6. This powerful plug-in lets you trigger scripts anytime and in any situation. By providing script scheduling and event-based script execution, ScriptFire gives you full control over your FileMaker solutions and lets you create features not seen before.
- Trigger scripts based on secondly, minutely, hourly, daily, weekly, monthly and even yearly schedules
- Have scripts triggered once at an absolute or relative point in time
- Install schedules that trigger your scripts repetitively according to custom intervals
- Open and close FileMaker databases automatically based on the same type of schedules – ScriptFire even opens shared file and password protected files
- Trigger scripts when certain layouts are accessed
- Control FileMaker windows by executing a script when a certain window comes to front
- Trigger a when exiting a field
- Trigger a script when creating viewing or exiting records
- Schedule the power management of the system that runs your FileMaker solution – put the computer to sleep or even shut it down at a specific point in time
- Manage installed tasks of all types – suspend, resume or remove tasks and control settings
A single license for ScriptFire currently only costs $39 down from $59, but why should you buy this plugin instead of using a free script scheduling plugin, such as EventScript or DoScript? Well ScriptFire comes with an almost unlimited list of ways to trigger a script, including some the others don’t include, but if you just need to simple plugin to trigger scripts on field exit, then this might not be the plugin for you.