|Plugin Info: Troi File Plugin|
|Platform:||Win + Mac|
|Last Updated:||May 2013|
Troi File Plugin is the big daddy of File Manipulation plugins! The cross platform plugin contains over 60 functions for working with files, folders, image metadata and performing shell commands. When you ask most people about a FileMaker plugin to move files for example, I imagine a lot of FileMaker developers would mention Troi’s plugin.
It is a very powerful tool for getting access to information outside the FileMaker Pro database. Any files stored on the rest of the computer can be accessed through the functions of the plug-in.
Troi File Plug-in adds 63 functions to FileMaker Pro, giving you virtually limitless possibilities!
- Get the data out of files on the disk of the computer and put it in FileMaker fields
- Create files anywhere on the hard disk and put data from FileMaker fields into it
- Manipulate files and folders on the disk, like creating, deleting, copying, moving, renaming
- Query detailed information of files and folders: the size on disk, creation and modification dates and much more
- Count the number of folders or files on a disk
- Get images and their metadata (IPTC, Exif, GPS, XML) inside your FileMaker database and write IPTC and Exif metadata too!
All this and they even have a trial download where you can use the sample file to see exactly what it can do and see if it suits your needs before buying. Licences start from $89 for a single user.